MY JOURNEY


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

(Psalms 119:105 ESV)

Whether I am rejoicing or in deep distress; succeeding or struggling; laughing or weeping; I am striving to hold on to the truths of God's Word. And I want to share with you.

So... grab a cup of coffee or tea...and join me in my journey...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30, 2008

I sought the Lord and he answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
Their faces are never covered with shame.
(Psalm 34: 4-5)

It’s taken me some time to realize that shame comes from Satan. Satan will put thoughts into your head like “yes, you’re the type of girl who would do that” or “everyone knows what you did.
These kinds of thoughts are not of the Lord.
Once you have truly asked for forgiveness of something and repented, which means turn and run in the other direction, you are forgiven of that sin. God no longer remembers it. Now that’s a lot easier said than done. As humans, we tend to constantly remind ourselves of that sin and ask for forgiveness repeatedly.
Is it because we don’t trust God and his word? He clearly says:
Psalm 103:12 “as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”

It’d be a whole lot easier if we just believed Him and we felt like our slate was wiped clean. Then we worry about what others might think of us and wonder if they’re judging us. This too is what Satan does to trick us into thinking we are not forgiven, but sister, let me tell you- you are.
Turn it over to Jesus- the one who can make the lyrics of this popular hymn become reality
“My chains are gone, I’ve been set free,
My God, My Savior, has ransomed me,
and like a flood, his mercy rains,
unending love, amazing grace.”
God’s grace is good and I hope you have found it. I want to encourage you to spend some time in His word, get to know Him. That’s what it’s all about. A relationship with the Savior so when you get to Heaven after a lifetime of proclaiming His name- Jesus will proudly proclaim YOUR name to those in Heaven.
I want Him to be able to say, “Well done Michelle, well done. You gave ME the glory. That’s what it was all about.”

Now, my face is no longer covered in shame because I sought the Lord and he answered me.

Have you given God the glory out of a sinful situation?
It’s never too late.
HOLDING ON...

2 comments:

Krista said...

That's right...I love this reminder too! Sometimes I think that when we continue to ask for forgiveness for something again and again, He must be shaking His head saying, "What are you talking about?" I like the reality that He doesn't remember our sin!

Forgiven and Redeemed,
Krista

Darlene said...

This is so true ... and yet we get so caught up in not letting things go. Hanging on to them from child hood or whenever. WE need to let them go and let God do HIS work in our lives. Someone wise once told me "Give it to Jesus" and I said "but" she said "Give it to
Jesus" She is right "Give it to Jesus" and leave it there.
Thanks for the encouragement!