MY JOURNEY


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

(Psalms 119:105 ESV)

Whether I am rejoicing or in deep distress; succeeding or struggling; laughing or weeping; I am striving to hold on to the truths of God's Word. And I want to share with you.

So... grab a cup of coffee or tea...and join me in my journey...

Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14, 2008

A Vessel in the Potter's House


This is a song that I use to sing at the church I grew up in. I don't know why ...but last night this song came in my head and will not leave! So, I have been just a singing away and it reminded me of what I am putting into my vessel.


Potter's House

Tossed about by life's battles
all my hope was sinking fast
The sinful life that I was living
I knew that I just could not last.
Then I went down to the Potter's House
and placed this vessel into HIS hands.
On his wheel of grace and mercy
HE made me over gain.

Yes, I've been to the Potter's House
His hands for mercy molded me.
He set me forth when HE was finished
so that all the world could see
That HE can mend a broken vessel
It matter's not what shape it's in
Yes, I've been to the Potter's House
I've been made over again.

If your life has no meaning
the storms have taken their toll on you
With your vessel in many pieces
you don't know just what to do
Please come with me to the Potter's House
And place your vessel into HIS hands.
And on HIS wheel of grace and mercy
He'll make your over again.

Yes, I've been to the Potter's House
His hands of mercy molded me
He set me forth when HE was finished
So that all the world could see
That HE can mend a broken vessel
It matter's not what shape its in
Yes, I've been to the Potter's House
I've been made over again.
(unknown)


What is your vessel filled with?

I know we get so caught up in everyday life. Husband, family, job, housecleaning, is God in there somewhere?


School is out for summer and you would think that I have so much time that my vessel should be overflowing with HIM. Well, it is not that easy! Things just keep getting in my way. The same things: housecleaning, talking on the phone, husband, family...Did I mention talking on the phone? Blogging can really take up a lot of time. ..if you let it. I want God to be in my life everyday not just when I have time... like church times. You know....Sunday am, Sunday pm and Wednesday evenings.

Am I allowing my vessel to get so full of everyday life that I forget the most important part? I am sad to admit ...sometimes yes!

2 Timothy 2:20 - 26 "Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor.
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will".


WOW! What are you filling your vessel with?

Are you being used to your fullest potential or over used?

Are you using the spiritual gifts that God has placed in you for the Body of Christ?


What is God speaking to you?

What is HIS will for you?


Now is the time to fill your vessel with HIM.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

SEEK HIM FIRST!

Isaiah 64:8 "O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand"


Dear Lord, I am a vessel...a bit cracked...very worn...extremely fragile at times...mended and healed many times. Empty me of me so that I may be filled with more of you. Change me...fill me...with you.

Now is the time to check your vessel.
Now is the time to receive ALL God wants for you!

Join me this week in prayer asking God to show us things that stand in the way of our vessel being full for HIM. For strength to overcome what stands in our way of putting HIM first in our lives.

Holding on...
Darlene

1 comment:

Krista said...

Great post, Darlene! Thanks for the reminder. Filling my vessel, Krista